Quote of the Month
“There’s more to life than allergy symptoms”
Last month I received an email from someone in the United States.
This person suffers from something called Mesothelioma and asked if I would help create some awareness.
Mesothelium is a layer of tissue that surrounds the abdomen, heart and lungs.
Mesothelioma is a very rare form of cancer and can give you symptoms that are similar to allergies, lung cancer and asthma. People with a history of exposure to asbestos have a higher risk of developing this.
Some of these symptoms may include
- A persistent, dry cough.
- Wheezing or shortness of breath.
- Chest pains or pains in the side or lower back.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Unexpected weight loss.
On the other hand, people with Lung cancer may have the following symptoms:
- A persistent cough.
- A cough that may bring up phlegm or blood, that is intense or worsens with time.
- Chest and back pains.
- Shortness of breath, wheezing.
- Stridor, or harsh sounds emitted when breathing.
- Recurrent infections like bronchitis or pneumonia.
Those with Allergies or Asthma often have these symptoms:
- A runny or stuffy nose.
- Watery, red, itchy eyes.
- Itchiness in the mouth and nose.
- Wheezing and shortness of breath.
As you can see, the similarities in symptoms often results in misdiagnosis.
I’m not writing this to scare you or create panic, but it is important for you to pay attention to your symptoms and to make sure that nothing slips through the cracks with respect to receiving a correct diagnosis.
If you’d like to read more, you can find out more information from the following site https://mesothelioma.net/allergies-lung-cancer-mesothelioma/