Quote of the Month
“You cannot insert a gene you took from a bacteria into a seed and call it life. you haven’t created life, instead you have polluted it” – Vandava Shiva
I don’t know if you’re familiar with ‘Vitality’ magazine, but when I get a chance I like to read some of their articles. I came across their ‘annual update on GMO and Organics’ in their July/August issue and thought I’d summarize some of the information for you.
Because believe it or not it offers a great history of GMO’s (genetically modified organisms) and why we have allergies (or any other type of inflammation for that matter).
Here’s my summary…
- Roundup was found to be associated with non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, kidney cancer and celiac disease – this information had been suppressed for 30 yrs.
- Roundup damages the ‘shikimate’ pathway which is supposed to provide us with our healthy gut bacteria. Most of our immune system is in our gut. Logically, if our gut isn’t healthy neither will be our immune system – it will over/under react.
- An unhealthy gut causes all kinds of gastrointestinal disorders, plus autism, asthma, MS, etc…
- Roundup is applied to wheat just before harvest – meaning that there are probably high residues in the bread you’re eating right now
- Roundup toxicity and gluten sensitivity can no longer be separated (they now happen together). In fact, Celiac dramatically increased with the introduction of Roundup.
- Roundup is also sprayed on corn and soy – and is banned in 60 countries, but not North America
In addition to this article here’s a small peak into some other info regarding GMO’s and their connection to Allergies :
- Bacteria, viruses and other genes were inserted into the DNA of soy, corn, cottonseed and canola plants back in 1996. In 1999 reactions to soy increased by 50% in the UK after GMO soy was imported from the US. It’s important to note that the UK is one of the few countries that performs yearly evaluations of food allergies.
- Mice that were fed GM soy had remarkably lower levels of digestive enzymes. When the body can’t digest properly, foods will stay in the digestive tract longer increasing the risk of an allergic reaction. When there is a reduction in protein-digesting enzymes, the actual foods stay in the digestive tract much longer, increasing the likelihood of an allergic reaction.
- This next point scares me… In the ONLY published human feeding study on GM foods, they verified that portions of the gene inserted into GM soy ended up TRANSFERRING into the DNA of human gut bacteria. What’s worse, the gene was able to produce its potentially allergenic protein years after people stopped eating GM soy. To me this would raise concerns for those suffering from gastro-intestinal diseases.
- Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis) is a pesticide that is produced naturally from a soil bacterium. Genetic engineers remove the gene that produces the Bt. Then they insert it into the DNA of crops. When bugs take a bite of the GM plant, the toxin splits open their stomach and kills them. The problem lies is that a Bt producing GM plant, continuously produces the toxin IN every cell – where is can’t dissipate or be washed off. The toxin in turn, affects our guts over time as well.
I’ll stop there, but I hope this information has been invaluable. Read more about GMO’s and allergies from Jeffery Smith (author of Seeds of Deception).
Did you know:
- Roundup is an undetectable poison which has been used in assassinations
- Roundup means ‘gut rot’
- Roundup has been found in vaccines!
- A protein in soy cross-reacts with peanuts
I just collected some fresh ragweed – just letting it dry and then I can use it for testing and clearing purposes…no needles!