Pet Allergies

Dog or Cat Allergies?

Who else wants to enjoy the company of their beloved pet without having to endure allergies for it?


Pets

Considering giving away your pet because of an allergy?

Wish that you could buy that puppy or kitten for your family without worrying about allergic reactions?

Do you have an allergic reaction just from touching or even having your pet around?

About half of our population has a pet. Having a pet provides security, comfort and, perhaps most importantly, they provide companionship. Children will often learn life lessons from the companionship they make with their pets. However, an estimated 10 percent of the population may be allergic to their pets. A higher rate of 20 to 30 percent of individuals with asthma have pet allergy symptoms.

Pets can cause problems to people in several ways. Their hair, dander, or skin flakes, as well as their saliva and urine, can cause an allergic reaction. And the hair or fur can collect pollen, dust and mold and other allergens. Believe it or not, your pet’s diet can affect their coat and therefore contribute to your reactions.

Contact our office for a FREE consultation (a $130.00 value) and find out how quickly you can enjoy the company of your pet, without having to worry about bothersome allergy symptoms any longer!

Pets

Frequently Asked ‘Pet Allergy’ Questions

Q1. Does keeping the pet out of our bedroom help?

A1. While it may help you to sleep better what about during the day? Having said that, I know that it is a problem being torn between giving up and keeping your pet.

Q2. Are there hypoallergenic breeds?

A2. Yes there are! But you still have to be very careful in selection of the puppy or kitten. Last thing that you want to do is to become allergic to the pet after the fact.

Q3. Should I get tested before I buy?

A3. Yes, you should definitely get tested. Whether you do it at our office or some other place, you should definitely get tested.

Q4. Should I get rid of any pets that I’m allergic to?

A4. This one I can answer with a resounding no. Just bring in the cat or dog fur into our office and we can determine whether you are sensitive to it. If you are and you choose to, we can relieve your symptoms permanently.