10 Surprise Allergy Symptoms
Quote of the month:
“The absence of disease, does not imply health just as physical fitness does not imply health”
Happy New Year to Everyone! Hope everyone received some much deserved time off!
People are always familiar with typical allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, hives or breathing problems, but have you ever considered these:
- Arthritic pain
- Conjunctivitis (pink-eye) – consider dust or pollen, contact lenses, makeup as possibilities
- Tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
- Ear infections
- Weight Gain
- Muscle pain
So why would these be symptoms at all? The reason is this, symptoms can occur anywhere in the body. It is determined by where the substance has been carried by the blood. In other words, they don’t necessarily occur at the point of first contact with the body! Therefore, no part of the body is immune to allergy. As an example from above, bed-wetting can come from dairy, as can ear infections. How about tinnitus? Some can be triggered by dairy and to others WiFi may be the trigger (yes, someone can be sensitive to cell phones, cell towers and the like). And what about fatigue? If you were to think it over carefully, continued and repeated exposure to a substance you are sensitive to will eventually wear you down and you will feel more tired! How about weight gain? Many items the body perceives as a threat it will often store in your fat cells! Then there’s Diabetes. What has that got to do with allergies? Diabetes and anyone having trouble regulating their blood sugar levels may have an issue with insulin (the hormone responsible for lowering blood sugar levels) and may even be sensitive to sugar (go figure). Arthritc and muscle pain is also a common symptom. There have been numerous studies showing that arthritis can appear suddenly when people are given foods which they are sensitive to. Symptoms also disappear when those foods are removed again from their diet. When muscle aches are common upon waking or keep recurring then you should start investigating! If you’d like to find out what some of your triggers are and how to overcome them, you’re more than welcome to come for a FREE consultation!
Did You Know?
- 90% of food allergies are delayed onset. In other words, you may have symptoms up to 3 days later. Therefore skin and RAST tests may not detect them at all.
- Fatigue is one of the biggest symptoms of allergy
- Taking products to suppress your symptoms, actually pushes the issue deeper into the body
- New Year’s Specials:
- First 10 new customers of the New Year will get 50% off of any service that we offer! Bonus: Klean Kanteen valued at up to $24.95!
- First 10 existing customers who refer a new client will get 50% off their next visit! Bonus: Klean Kanteen valued at up to $24.95!
- Is improving your weight or energy levels one of your New Year’s resolutions? If so, contact us to learn more about a safer and more permanent solution!
- Bi-weekly – Business Referral Lunch 11:45am until 1pm Golden Griddle @ Walkers and Harvester; next date: Monday January 21th
By No Allergies Please