6 Allergy Concepts
Every symptom is a healing strategy
This month we thought it would be beneficial to provide some important insights regarding allergies, sensitivities, intolerances (or whatever you’d like to call them):
- Balance – when a body is in balance, all of it’s tissues and organs are able to function properly. Just think of a scale, when something weighs you down on one side, the body will be able to adjust and balance the scale by adding something to the other side. When you make continuous poor lifestyle choices, the body eventually becomes exhausted and can no longer balance the scale…and guess what…symptoms begin! It’s a sign that the body is struggling to cope with it’s internal and external environment.
- Any symptom can be an allergy – A reaction can be immediate or more often delayed by up to 3-4 days. As an example, you eat the hotdog and you get diarhea later that day. You would probably recognize that the hotdog was the trigger. If on the other hand you ate a red pepper and a few days later noticed some joint pain, you would never think to make the connection.
- Nutrient deficiency – When someone has an issue with a food they consume, the body will have difficulty absorbing its nutrients. Take milk for example, someone may drink several glasses daily but still be calcium deficient if they have an issue with milk!
- Allergic Load – When the body has reached their maximum exposure to chemicals, food sensitivities, environmental pollution, etc…symptoms will appear. Total toxins + body malfunction = symptoms. In other words, if you have symptoms you must PAY ATTENTION. On the other side of the coin, ZERO symptoms does NOT imply health!!! These statements are really important because every food and substance we are exposed to have been tampered and altered in some way and our body has to cope with it.
- Allergies don’t have a single cause – this can best be summarized by the following quote: “Allergy is the cumulative effect of many insults to the body which over time have overwhelmed the body’s protective mechanisims. While dust may appear to be the cause of your runny nose, in reality it is only the trigger that activates the symptoms in an already compromised individual.” – Carolee Bateson-Koch. Our body has reached it’s breaking point!
- Take responsibility – There’s a famous definition for insanity: “Do the same thing over and over again, and expect different results”. If you keep the same habits that got you here in the first place, how can you get better? Remember, it’s taken years for your body to get to where it is, it can’t jump back to health overnight! You can be shown the path to better health, but it’s your choice as to whether to follow it…but know this…you will take the path only when YOU’RE ready and some never will be!
PS At No Allergies Please, we do not cure anything; we only eliminate the obstacles that are preventing your body from curing/healing ITSELF!
Did You Know?
- 60% of the population has unknown sensitivities
- The average person has 50 different sensitivities
- Allergies weaken your immune system over time, so that the body can no longer protect itself – this leads to all sorts of dis-eases
- According to James Breneman, MD, food allergies and intolerances are simply forms of malnutrition
Important News and Upcoming Events
Bi-weekly – Business Referral Lunch Business Networking 11:45am until 1pm every other Monday;
Golden Griddle @ Walkers and Harvester; The next date can be found at www.businessreferrallunch.com
Bi-weekly – OBN Business Networking 9:30am until 11am every other Friday; The Hamptons at the Quality Inn Bronte and QEW. Next meeting date: Oct 4 2013.
By No Allergies Please