Quote of the Month
“We remember their love when they can no longer remember”
I was doing a little reading recently and thought it might be useful to share the following information with you…
Do you recognize some of these medications
- Advil PM
These are known as anticholinergic drugs and they have a connection to Dementia!
A study done by the University School of Medicine (published in JAMA Neurology) used brain imaging (via PET/MRI). The brain imaging showed higher atrophy of the brain as well as lower brain metabolism. I also forgot (pun intended) to mention that memory tests also scored lower.
Another study at the University of Washington in 2015 found that chronic use of sleep aids and hay fever (allergy) meds increased the risk of dementia. At the time, they only looked at those who had taken those medications for more than 3 yrs. My father recently began taking different medications for pain and ever since then he’s been showing signs of mental confusion and subtle dementia…and he’s only been on these meds for less than 3 months. How long have you or someone you know been taking allergy (or other) medications?
Here are 6 symptoms of dementia:
- Memory loss
- Personality or mood changes
- Decline in computing ability
- Difficulty with planning or multi-tasking
- Confusion and disorientation
- Coordination and impaired motor function
Did You Know
- Phosphatidylserine (a phospholipid) works with omega-3 fatty acids to help keep your cell walls healthy. Healthy cells protect against dementia….so you better take your omegas!
- According to Traditional Chinese Medicine/Acupuncture diagnosis, Dementia may come from ‘phlegm misting the mind’ and treatment would include ‘resolving phlegm’
- Our needle free allergy relief technique can help reduce the amount of anticholinergic drugs you may be taking
Ragweed is just starting to
rear its ugly head