Are you Alkaline or Acid – 6 Tips
Quote of the Month
We are born alkaline. We parish acid Dr. Robert Cass
Just a quick thank you for your referrals! It doesn’t go unnoticed and it’s greatly appreciated!
Are you Acid or Alkaline? How do you find out? Why should you care? Well, it could mean the difference between living until age 50 or 100! Here are 6 quick tips that may help you get to where you should be:
- First, find out where you are on the scale; look at the chart below and circle the foods you eat – be honest
- Gradually shift to make 80% of your diet consist of alkalizing foods (again from the general chart)
- Start to consume alkaline water (should contain minerals and have a pH displayed over 7.4); most bottled water is acidic
- Slowly eliminate the coffee and pop from your diet – they suck the alkalizing minerals out of your bones (eg Calcium and Magnesium)
- Get rid of the dairy and processed foods – start at a pace you can handle
- Learn how to manage your stress – yes ‘stress’ is acidic
And, in order to keep align with our topic, we thought we should give you an alkalizng summer salad recipe:
Kale-Dorf Salad (tastes sooo good my son eats it!)
4 cups kale leaves, chopped into thin slices
1 apple, cored, unpeeled and chopped
2 tbsp chopped cranberries
1 cup celery, thinly sliced
1/4 cup walnuts or pinenuts, lightly toasted
1/4 cup medjool dates, chopped
1/2 avocado, chopped
4 drops stevia – there’s a non-bitter variety by ‘Now’
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (or slightly less)
1/4 cup organic olive oil
1/4 cup organic mayo
pepper – just a pinch or two
Place all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad. Let sit for 10 minutes and then enjoy!
Did You Know?
- Dis-ease cannot survive in an alkaline environment
- A pH of 7.4 or higher is considered alkaline – test yourself with some pH test strips (away from meals)
- Mucous is a sign of acidity
- To learn more about alkalinity, acidity and pH read ‘The pH Miracle’
- Ragweed is flourishing well at the moment. It will be an early season as they’re just about to bloom!
Important News and Upcoming Events
- We are still waiting patiently for our Acupuncture Registration numbers! We’ve been waiting 4 months. It was only supposed to take 4-6 weeks – frustration abounds!
- We NOW have an online booking system. You can book your own appointment through this link: http://noallergiesplease.appointy.com/ or just go to our main website and click on the booking link at the top right.
- Awesome FREE online 5 day event is happening starting August 19th. Register at http://www.5daystofeelingfabulous.com/ and listen to 30 different people over 5 days (including ourselves)
- Bi-weekly – Business Referral Lunch Business Networking 11:45am until 1pm every other Monday; Golden Griddle @ Walkers and Harvester; Next meeting date: Monday August 12 2013. Check out www.businessreferrallunch.com
- Bi-weekly – OBN Business Networking 9:30am until 11am every other Friday; The Hamptons at the Quality Inn Bronte and QEW. Next meeting date: Friday August 9th 2013.
By No Allergies Please