Quote of the Month
“If you’re typing a status update that says you have a migraine, then you clearly don’t know what a migraine is.”
What do you do when you get a migraine? The typical person will pop a quick aspirin, tylenol or something similar.
If you’re familiar with Dr. Mercola at all, you might be aware that he said:
“Acetaminophen can be toxic to your liver even at recommended doses when taken daily for just a couple of weeks.”
Anther doctor, Dr. Mark Wiley, also mentions that migraines happen when your brain or sinuses blood vessels are either constricting or they are expanding.
What makes this happen and what does this have to do with allergies or sensitivities?
For some people, symptoms may come from:
- Too much coffee – the caffeine itself, withdrawal from caffeine can trigger headaches, or you may even be sensitive to caffeine/coffee. Coffee is also a diuretic – it makes you dehydrated…so drink water!
- Oxygen deprivation – when we breathe, most of us are shallow breathing, we need to breath through our diaphragm so that when we inhale our belly expands and when we exhale it goes back. When we inhale less, we also exhale less. We get less oxygen and accumulate more carbon dioxide.
- Poor Sleep – If we don’t sleep enough, we don’t make enough serotonin and end up with a deficiency. This can make you feel down and trigger a migraine.
- Diet – when we eat foods that don’t agree with us, they trigger inflammation in our bodies. For some of us, the inflammation occurs in our gut and in others they can trigger headaches or migraines. Common culprits tend to be wheat, dairy, sugar or food additives such as msg. For others it may be perfume, cigarettes or chemicals.
- Weather – For some of us, weather patterns such as low/high pressure, storms, wind, rain, snow, humidity, etc can cause us grief – we can help with this (believe it or not).
- Liver – In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Liver belongs to the element Fire and it’s emotion is anger. When the liver becomes too agitated, it’s energy rises towards the head. Some people get red eyes, red face, ringing in the ears or headaches.
Here are 3 things you can try for relief:
- Magnesium – we have an awesome Magnesium topical spray.
- Himalayan salt with lemon water – In a glass mix a high concentration of Himalayan crystal salt (2 teaspoons) with cup of lemon juice, together with the lemon zest (use organic lemons) and cup of water. You will feel instant migraine relief.
- If coffee, foods or the weather affect you, you can come and see how our ‘allergy relief technique’ can help you. There’s also an acupuncture point specific for migraines…we can show you how to use it.