Some people think detoxification is not necessary because the body is able to do the job on it’s own.
I believe there’s a problem with this theory. Time’s have changed. We’re exposed to more toxins than ever before. These toxins hinder our body’s natural detoxification process. To assume that the body can keep up with the onslaught is a mistake.
Just look at these examples:
- If we don’t maintain our car with regular oil changes; the oil/engine light comes on.
- When our vacuum bag gets full, we replace the bag; otherwise the vacuum won’t suck up the dirt.
- If there’s congestion on the highway, we can’t get to our destination.
- Computers run slower as they age. Defragmentation programs clean up the files to help them run better again.
If you understand the concept behind those examples, it only makes sense that we support our own system as well!
Here are some symptoms that may be telling you it’s time to detox:
- Fatigue, drops in energy
- Trouble falling/staying asleep; tired upon waking
- Digestive problems: bloating, constipation, diarrhea, foul-smelling stools, gas, heartburn
- Sinus problems: chronic post-nasal drip, congestion
- Brain fog, problems concentrating
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- Skin issues: rashes, eczema, psoriasis, acne
- Hormonal issues
- Headaches, muscle aches, joint pain
Do you recharge yourself as much as you recharge your phone?