What’s a Phenolic?
The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years. ~Deepak Chopra
- Aspirin – from synthesizing Salicin from white willow tree
- Chlorophyll – found in all plants (remember photosynthesis?)
- Cinnamic Acic – found in cinnamon and aloe
- Quercetin – found in onions, tea, apples, cranberries
- Coumarin – naturally found in citrus fruits, maize
The other important thing to note is that many phenols are man-made as well. Man-made phenols can be found in industrial water systems, wood preservatives, disinfectants, antiseptics, pesticides and in medical preparations such as treatments for sore throats and warts. According to the Pollution Database “Excessive exposure to phenol may cause health effects on the brain, digestive system, eye, heart, kidney, liver, lung, peripheral nerve, skin and the unborn child. Phenol may also cause genetic damage. Phenol is moderately toxic to aquatic animals and in general fish appear to be the most sensitive. Chlorinated phenols are more toxic to aquatic life. Phenol is categorised as a Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) that can potentially contribute to ground-level ozone formation and photochemical smog.” – yikes!
- extreme emotional highs and lows
- dark circles under the eyes
- sleep problems
- fatigue/chronic fatigue
- aggressive behavior
- And there are more….
- Salicylates are a phenol
- Reactions to phenols can be delayed by up to 3 days!
- Check out: Salicylate Sensitivity
- Checkout our very first live online Allergy Webinar – Thursday April 3rd 9pm – Register Here
- Apr 5 – Spring Thaw; The Meeting House, 2700 Bristol Cir, Oakville
- Apr 11-13 – Oakville Home Show Glen Abbey Rec Centre, Third Line Oakville
- May 24 – Summerfest; The Meeting House, 2700 Bristol Cir, Oakville
- Bi-weekly – Business Referral Lunch Business Networking 11:45am until 1pm every other Monday; Golden Griddle @ Walkers and Harvester; Check out Burloak Lunch Bunch for the next date.
By No Allergies Please